Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means pretty soon you will be surrounded by friends, family, and food. Hosting can be stressful but we are here to help! We are sharing our favorite Heywood-Wakefield dining tables, as well as the perfect decor for a mid-century modern Thanksgiving.
Heywood-Wakefield Dining Tables
Like all Heywood-Wakefield furniture, our tables are built from solid, high-grade Northern Yellow Birch from responsibly managed forests. Our pieces are made to last with an amber finish that enhances the natural beauty of the wood while offering protection against surface damage. We have tables that accommodate every party size and expand for your growing family.
- The Butterfly Drop-Leaf Table is a mid-century modern classic and is one of our most recognizable pieces. It features a small swing-away piece used to support the drop leaf. It is the perfect table for anyone who often seats a varying number of guests. The table has a streamlined design that is ideal for smaller dining rooms, sitting at only 26 inches long when closed, with options to expand to 58 inches long and even 94 inches long.
- The Extension Dining Table is made from solid birch wood and comes in several sizes, seating eight people or ten. Or, get the compact version to seat 4-6 people in your apartment or kitchenette.
- Our 48″ Round Dining Table seats four people but comes with leaves that can expand the table to easily fit 6-8 people.
Mid-Century Modern Thanksgiving Decor
Your classic Heywood-Wakefield dining table deserves the best mid-century modern Thanksgiving decor! Explore your local antique store, scour the internet, or choose the do-it-yourself option with some of these mid-mod components.
- A vintage turkey platter will make your roasted turkey the star of the show! Make sure to garnish your plate with turkey frills, orange halves, cherries, and more decorations to complete the look.
- Cheery casserole dishes like this vintage Pyrex autumn harvest dish will add splashes of color to your table and make the food inside look that much better. Buy one with a lid to store leftovers in the same container they were cooked in!
- Most mid-century modern dining room tables feature candlesticks, usually in a centerpiece with fruits or flowers. Long, white taper candles, vintage amber glass, and a wicker cornucopia will make the centerpiece shine.
- Real pumpkins in an assortment of shapes, sizes, and colors, as well as some greenery, will bring nature indoors. Decorate your table with foliage like eucalyptus, pampas grass, or straw for a fall feel.
We hope we have helped you feel more prepared to create a mid-century modern Thanksgiving your guests will never forget. If you do not already have a Heywood-Wakefield dining room table, make sure to take advantage of our Black Friday deal, so that you will be ready for next year’s festivities!