Happy new year to you all! Since we know you’re keenly interested in style, and since this is the time of year when it’s so fashionable to talk about current trends, we thought we’d take a quick look at some home décor and design trends for 2022.
2022 Home Design Trends
- Multifunctional spaces have become more desirable throughout the pandemic, as we’ve been spending much more time at home and doing more there. Creating a home office, school, gym, and other spaces is more common than ever. And remember, area rugs are a great way to delineate living spaces.
- Sustainability is a growing trend in so many industries, and the home décor and design industry is no different. Furnishings and decorations made from natural, sustainable materials or recycled materials are in high demand. And FYI, all of our solid wood furniture is made from lumber we get from environmentally responsible tree farms in New Hampshire that plant at least one tree for each one harvested.
- Chocolate brown is back in a big way in 2022—like it was in the ’70s. This deep, rich, yet neutral color complements lots of other colors (not just orange!), so it’s relatively easy to incorporate into your home décor.
- Curved lines are very in this year! Of course, we mid-century modern enthusiasts have always loved gently curving lines, and you’ll find that they’re a feature on pretty much all Heywood-Wakefield furniture. As always, mid-century modern holds up as timeless.
- Statement lighting fixtures are one of the notable home décor and design trends for 2022. Whether they’re bold chandeliers, striking lamps, or eye-catching wall fixtures, lighting elements that make a statement—even serving as a focal piece for the room—are undeniably en vogue these days.
- Natural materials and items are always popular, of course, but they’re even more so these days. Part of it is that they tend to be sustainable, but this is also another effect of the pandemic. As we’ve spent more time indoors, we’ve been extra eager to bring nature inside to us. If you need inspiration for this one, here are some tips for bringing nature into your home.